Yeah, I realized all this anger isn't good. I had to let it all go.
Lawrence "Larry" Martin is Lyndsey's former Fiancée and Alan's (Jeff) friend. In "Alan Harper, Pleasing Women Since 2003", Larry makes his first on-screen appearance and becomes friends with Alan, who claims to be Jeff Strongman.
Alan pays a visit to Larry to find out what Larry has that he doesn't have. Strangely, they both hit it off and become best friends. But this does not deter Alan from seeing Lyndsey time and again.
Larry has hired a private investigator (who turns out to be Rose) to find more about Lyndsey's affair. Based on a photo sent by the private investigator, he assumes that she is cheating on him with Walden. He confronts her at the beach house and she claims that she just enacted his fantasy and arranged for a threesome with Jenny, much to Alan's disgust.
Larry sets Alan up with his friend, Gwen. At dinner, Gwen is invited to a party and asks Larry, Alan and Lyndsey to come along. At the party, Larry leaves with Gwen and Lyndsey has sex with Jeff Probst, leaving Alan with Probst's grandmother.
When Alan reveals who he truly is to Larry, at first he struggles to understand but when the realization hits him, he cancels the wedding. He attends Alan and his sister's wedding as he was more mad at Lyndsey than Alan. However when Walden accidentally reveals to him that Alan was cheating with Lyndsey he goes to confront him, only for Walden to push him off of the deck of the beach house.
- Larry could be considered the second most important recurring character of Season 11, right after Lyndsey.
- Despite Alan's deception, Larry remains good friends with him.
- When Lyndsey breaks up with Alan in "Another Night With Neil Diamond" for another guy, Herb said his name was Nick. He could have been renamed Larry for Season 11, or Lyndsey could have left Nick for Larry.
- His real name is Lawrence.
- He likes ducks.
- He is shown to be quite goofy and dimwitted.
- "I Think I Banged Lucille Ball" (mentioned only)
- "Clank, Clank, Drunken Skank" (mentioned only)
- "Alan Harper, Pleasing Women Since 2003"
- "Some Kind of Lesbian Zombie" (mentioned only)
- "Mr. Walden, He Die. I Clean Room."
- "Baseball. Boobs. Boobs. Baseball."
- "Three Fingers of Crème de Menthe"
- "Cab Fare and a Bottle of Penicillin" (mentioned only)
- "How to Get Rid of Alan Harper"
- "Welcome Home, Jake"
- "West Side Story"
- "Lan Mao Shi Zai Wuding Shang" (mentioned only)
- "Dial 1-900-Mix-A-Lot"
- "Oh, Wald-e, Good Times Ahead"
- "Thirty-Eight, Sixty-Two, Thirty-Eight"